Privacy and Data Protection
pressXchange.com, is owned by PXC Digital Ltd (pressXchange), which is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Basis for Processing your data
We process data you have provided on the basis that it is in the legitimate interest of our company to do so. It is also in your interest as it allows you to contact our advertisers without the need constantly to re-enter basic information.
Information we may collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the site. This includes information provided at the time of registration or at the time of posting material or requesting further services or when you report a problem with the site. We hold this data in the interest of our company, to facilitate your use of the site and to make it relevant to your requirements. You may edit the information we hold on you at any time, change your consent to email marketing, or delete completely your data from our system.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to the site and the resources that you access.
- pressXchange may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes although you do not have to respond to them.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. These are data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and do not identify any individual.
For the same reason we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Cookies and the information contained in your IP address enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences and so allow us to customise the Site according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches;
- to recognise you when you return to the Site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser, which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site. If you want to find out more about how to disable cookies please see this external third party website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
Transfer of Personal Data Outside of the EU
Risks Involved in Transmitting Personal Data Over the Internet
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. So, whilst PressXchange will do its best to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure the security of data transmitted by you to the Site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use security procedures and features to prevent unauthorised access to it.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that the Site's content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you if you have consented to receive such information;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service where you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in section 736 of the Company Act 1985.
Except as set out below we will not disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if substantially all of PressXchange's assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be transferred to such third party;
- if we are required to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or any other agreement; or protect the rights, property, or safety of PressXchange, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for protection against credit risk and fraud.
- If you send enquiries to one of our advertisers via the site they will be provided with your name, email address, company name, company type and country.
We do not disclose individual information to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We would comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience using the personal data we have collected from you and from others.
You have the right to request us not to disclose any of your personal data or information or to pass information to third parties. We will usually inform you before collecting your data, if we intend to disclose your information to any third party and you can exercise that right by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also notify us by contacting us at unsubscribe@pressXchange.com.
You have the right to have your data deleted from our database – “to be forgotten.” To do so email us at admin@pressXchange.com with the email address you used to register or to which we send you emails.